Monday, June 11, 2012

Unit 8

This week we are supposed to choose two of the types of exercises we like the most. I chose visualization and loving kindness.  I found they are the easiest and most relatable exercises for me to do.  I like the visualization because, when I get really stressed, I can stop and focus on a memory that helps me clear my mind.  The loving kindness exercise is great because I should be able to use that exercise at all times, anywhere, putting it into a daily practice.  Prayer is still my best form of meditation, and have been practicing that all of my life.  Taking time for ourselves daily is really important, even though I will admit I don't do it enough.  We are always a work in progress.  It's the journey that counts.

Until next week, my friends!

Rebecca :-)

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca I chose loving-kindness as well. I can see why you chose the visualization; it has many benefits as well. I was happy to see that you chose prayer as your time for mediation. I struggled in the beginning of this class because I felt that the two were different and wasn't really sure if they should be combined. As the weeks have progressed I realized that they can indeed be combined and could possibly even be the same thing. What a refreshing feeling. Making time for ourselves is very important and thinks many of us don't give it the time it deserves. As you said we are a progress in work.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Great post and I chose the same two methods as they related to my spiritual side, and for my lifestyle seem to be the easiest to accomplish as well.

    I can see these methods working great for most clients, not just the spiritual aspect as some may not want to go that direction but the visualization and meditation can bring them great clarity and belief in a higher power.

    A powerful and very true statement acknowledging that we are all a work in progress and it is about the journey. Any client that we work with, must learn that this is a critical piece and that forgiving themselves starts with understanding that we aren’t perfect but we should constantly strive to never give up on trying!

    - Karen

    ReplyDelete