Unit 4: Loving Kindness
I found this experience to be a better one than the others, as I have had the most stress in my life right now than I have ever had in my life. That being said, it was, for lack of a better word, therapeutic for me and really helped me get focused, calmed down, and put back on track. I would recommend this exercise to anyone. I also enjoyed the woman's voice prompting me as opposed to the other man's voice we have been hearing.
A mental challenge is a contemplative practice, where we train ourselves to reduce/eliminate negative thoughts and feelings, which can be destructive to our overall health. I think that we all need to figure out what our triggers are and how to best deal with them. I live on an amazing beach on Lake Michigan, so it's easy to catch a quiet few minutes when I'm really stressed and sit and watch the sun go down, focusing on letting my "crap" of the day roll out with the waves on the water.
Cheers until next week!
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment