1. Compare and contrast the Loving Kindness exercise and the Subtle
mind exercise. Explain your experience including the benefits, frustrations
etc.
Both of these exercises really helped me focus and calm down so that I can learn to distinguish what feelings I have and where I want to be. The Subtle Mind exercise helps us to realize that this is a daily goal that needs to be accomplished in order to reach a certain mental state. The Loving Kindness exercise helps us to know how to reach back to gain a certain consciousness when we start to slip back to a place we don't want to be. I call this exercise "being in my prayer closet", and have been working towards this state of consciousness for many years. It is definitely a learned experience.
2. Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and
physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal
life.
I truly believe that spiritual wellness and mental and physical wellness go hand-in-hand. One compliments the other. If our bodies aren't functioning correctly, our mind perceives it, and our minds sometimes cannot distinguish the difference between pain and discomfort. So, being able to train ourselves to reach a certain level of awareness can actually help us get through physical discomforts or pains. I believe that my mind is something that needs to be "worked out" no different than my body needs a physical workout. Learning how to be kind, compassionate, loving, and be at peace, helps our body feel physically stronger and more liberated to face new challenges and to keep growing mentally, physically, and spiritually.
Cheers!
Rebecca Ott
No comments:
Post a Comment