Unit 3 - Optimal Wellbeing
Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal
wellbeing), where do you rate your A-physical wellbeing, B-spiritual well-being,
C-psychological well-being? Why? For my physical wellbeing, I would make myself about an 8, since I am pretty active and eat a well-balanced diet. For my spiritual well-being, I would probably also give myself an 8, as I have a strong faith and always strive towards the goal of hearing "Well done, my good and faithful servant" when I pass through those pearly gates! For my psycological well-being, that is a good question. Overall, I am balanced mentally, and secure in myself and my life. We are always striving to be a better person, better parent, better spouse, and stronger in our faith.
Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological). I have a goal of being able to spend more quiet time not doing schoolwork. I work a lot of hours each week, and have three classes a term, so there isn't much time to do many of the things I really love to do. In the physical, I would love to exercise at least one hour a day. For spiritual, I would love more time in my "prayer closet" and reading my Bible daily. For my psychological, spending more time with my husband and more time reading is where I am my happiest, therefore, making me more psychologically fit.
What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving
toward each goal? Getting off the couch from doing homework all night after work! I live on the lake, right on one of the most pristine beaches in Michigan, so getting in more beach time and just being outside will really help.
Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. This had the same feeling to me as the last exercise we did last week. I am doing this homework late at night, so this really got me ready for bed. I like the analogy of the rainbow and the colors that we have to focus on. It was relaxing, and I didn't even have to focus on my breathing to do what he wanted us to do. I think these exercises could work for clients, as we (in general) are always very busy doing everything but being still and taking time to just breath.
Cheers!
Rebecca Ott
Isn't it strange how our lives become so busy we have to plan down time? We all hear of how sponataneity is great for personal realtionships but even then a "date night" with your husband- even with it being some reading the two of you catch up on- that down time is important to plan ahead for! It makes you looks forward to something good int eh near future.
ReplyDeleteI completely forgot to rate myself! I have to say that I'm currently at an 8 of 10. I've gone through a life change recently in which my father was critically ill for over a year and passed away. The many nights/days in the hospital with him had taken a toll on me emotionally and physically.
ReplyDeleteI also thought the the relaxation technique this time was similar to last week's. It's very relaxing and soothing I thought.